Dr. Giuseppe Maida (MD), Curriculum Vitae
Dr. Giuseppe Maida was Born in Manfredonia (Foggia,IT) on August 14th, 1968
High school Diploma obtained from "V.Lanza" in Foggia (IT)
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Bologna (IT) on May 22nd, and Medical Surgery internship at the University of Bologna (IT), second cycle 1993
- Specialization in Neurosurgery at the University of Ferrara (IT) on October 25th, 1999
- Member of the “Ordine dei Medici della Provincia di Ferrara” (IT) since February 11th, 2000
- Member of the Italian Society of Neurosurgery and the Study Group for vertebra-medullary surgery since 2001
- Member of the Italian Society of Spinal Surgery ("G.I.S.")
- Since 2010, a member of the "Associazione Artroplastica Vertebrale Italiana (AAVI)", founded in 2010, for the study and development of the intervertebral disc prosthesis, the “no-fusion”, and spinal motion preservation.
- Since 2010 the "SIAD" contact person for the "Spine Learning Center" program, responsible for the training of spine surgeons in the treatment of degenerative pathologies of the cervical and lumbosacral spine
- Member of the International Society of Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery (I.S.M.I.N.S.)
- Member of fhe international society"AO-SPINE"
- Reviewer for Journal of Medical Science,Journal Medical Device:Evidnce and Research,Journal Therapeutics and Clinical Risk Management,International Journal of Clinical Research and Trails,American Journal of Case Reports, Current Medical Imaging Review
- Editorial Board Member : " Research and Reviews:Orthopedics", "Annals of Neurological Surgery"
- Head of Spine Surgery Division,Dpt of Surgery,S.Maria Maddalena Hospital,Occhiobello (RO, IT)
- Academic title of "Cultore della Materia,Neurosurgery",University of Ferrara(IT) ,School of Medicine
- Professor in Advanced Algology Research Master
- Già head for "Minimally Invasive Surgery of the Spine and Spinal Stabilization Devices",University Hospital "Arcispedale S.Anna",Department of Neurosciences and Rehabilitation,Neurosurgical Division in Cona-Ferrara(IT),until 19.11.2012(resigned)
- Già School of Medicine Professor at the University of Ferrara (IT), già Neurosurgery Postgraduate School Professor ( “Tutor”- 4th year; Vertebra-Medullary Trauma-3 th year) of the same University,già Orthopedic Postgraduate School Professor (Malattie dell'Apparato Locomotore, 3 th year) University of Ferrara (IT)
FIELDS OF EXPERTISE:
- Vertebro-medullary surgery
- Minimally invasive and percutaneous surgery, microsurgery of the spine
- Spinal stabilization systems, and dynamic spinal implants
- Innovative systems ranging from microsurgery discectomy to anterior thoracic and lumbar operations with the help of other competent specialists (such as, Thoracic Surgeons, General Surgeons, and Neurologists for intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring)